Supports overall efforts in product messaging, positioning, and core content creation within a focused product area for both internal and external audiences. Collaborates heavily with the demand gen marketing team to develop and execute on multi-channel, persona-driven marketing plans for focused product area. The ideal candidate will have three to five years of product marketing experience, ideally from the public accounting space, and have familiarity and or experience with marketing software (SaaS).
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conduct market research using customer feedback, interviews, win/loss analysis, surveys, online research, business process descriptions, use cases, business analysis, competitive product analysis, workflow analysis, etc.
- Identify and define target markets and audiences for your product to inform nuanced use cases and value propositions.
- Leverage market research to create and curate the story and messaging around your product for both internal and external audiences.
- Inform content and positioning around product to help the demand gen and web teams effectively create and maintain compelling web pages, emails and other marketing creatives.
- Work with sales to develop effective sales and marketing tools and support materials for the sales team.
- Collaborate with the demand gen marketing team to optimize the story and messaging around the CPA.com product portfolio.
- Communicate updates to core positioning and messaging to sales, customer success, and other key stakeholders at CPA.com and the AICPA.
- Work with demand gen marketing, AICPA marketing, alliance management and other stakeholders to inform and influence multi-channel marketing approach based on content and audience alignment.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills to initiate and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Be the expert on your buyers—how, when and why they buy, their buying criteria and the tools and resources they ultimately need to drive adoption of your products with their clients.
- Create and curate buyer and user personas based on market segment and audience.
- Document processes related to product marketing core responsibility where processes are not already documented.
- Determine high-level product requirements and preferences.
- Travel to represent CPA.com at exhibit booth at tradeshows.
- Present on topics within your product/domain area to audiences attending web and on-premise events (as needed).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing Software: Microsoft Word, Spreadsheet Software: Microsoft Excel, Contact Management Software: SalesForce and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university (MBA preferred)
- Three to five years of product marketing experience
- Experience working in the public accounting space, particularly audit, is strongly preferred
- Familiarity and or experience with marketing software (SaaS)
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities
- Pragmatic Marketing/Pragmatic Institute Certification a Plus
- Strong Presentation Skills