CPA.com, a leading developer and distributor of technology solutions for the CPA profession, is seeking an experienced social media manager who can enhance our brand by sharing our story to customers, prospects, influencers and other stakeholders across various digital platforms. The Social Media Manager is responsible for the company’s social media strategy, in collaboration with the Director of Corporate Communications and PR and other senior management, and for creation of content, social listening and fast response across platforms.
CPA.com empowers CPAs and businesses for the digital age with innovative technology solutions, either in partnership with leading providers or directly through our own development. We’ve established ourselves as a thought leader on emerging technologies and as a trusted business advisor to practitioners in the United States, with a growing global focus. Our company’s core mission is to drive the transformation of practice areas, advance the technology ecosystem for the profession, and lead technology research and innovation efforts for practitioners. A subsidiary of the American Institute of CPAs, we’re also part of the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants, the world’s most influential organization representing the profession. For more information, visit CPA.com.
Develop and execute a multi-channel social-media strategy
- Own strategy and day-to-day management of CPA.com’s social media channels, with a focus on strategies that build the reputation of CPA.com and its leadership and align with business goals and objectives.
- Act as the gatekeeper of the company’s social media policies, including staff education and training.
- Execute the company’s social media advertising, overseeing all paid social media budget, vendors, and related development funding.
Plan and develop compelling, brand-appropriate content.
- Write, design and produce inspiring language and visuals in alignment with CPA.com brand and creative standards.
- Manage and implement the CPA.com content calendar in alignment with the company’s key events and priorities.
- Manage the production and promotion of company livestreams on LinkedIn, Facebook and other platforms
- Stay abreast of breaking industry news such that CPA.com’s social media channels are vibrant and relevant.
- Plan and schedule this content for optimal performance.
Develop and execute a response and engagement strategy
- Monitor customer communications on social media channels to drive engagement with customers and respond in a timely manner to answer questions.
- Identify social media engagement that could cause reputational risks and manage response plans for crisis communications.
- Identify relevant spaces in the accounting industry that CPA.com’s voice should be a part of on social media, and monitor the wider social media universe to identify emerging and values-aligned conversations CPA.com should be involved in.
Conduct analytics and testing to ensure effective strategy and content
- Conduct regular testing to analyze content and messaging effectiveness. Create weekly analytic reports that indicate engagement and growth.
- Develop practices of reporting out metrics and proposing goal-oriented next steps.
Provide social media expertise and strategic guidance to senior leadership, staff and external partners
- Provide social media counsel on company projects and initiatives, including advertising, digital content, special events, and other vehicles.
- Collaborate with marketing and sales teams to support product launches, promotions and new partnerships via social media.
- Develop and review social media copy and creative for partner promotions.
- Support CEO and senior leadership’s specific social media requests, including production of livestreams.
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications.
- Attend key company events to provide in-person social media support.
- Maintain and nuture strong relationships with internal and external patners through consistent and meaningful contact, ensuring the area provides a high level of professional service in proactive, creative, and cost effective manner.
- Develop and edit content, including blogs, articles, Power Point presentations, videos and more to support key organizational priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations or related field.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience managing corporate social media channels including LinkedIn, Facebook and YouTube. Bonus if any of this experience was within the financial services or technology industries.
- Expert-level writer and editor with the ability to produce high-quality content quickly.
- Proven ability to manage, grow and nurture social media accounts.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, navigate competing priorities, and effectively adjust work plans to respond to emergent challenges or opportunities.
- Ability to work independently and with limited oversight to accomplish agreed upon objectives and to evaluate results.
- Knowledgeable about social media marketing with experience running social media campaigns
- Proven Expertise in social analytics.
- Familiarity with social media tools including: Hootsuite, Social Studio, VoiceStorm, Periscope
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and two writing samples, including one that demonstrates ability to write for social media platforms, to Colette.email@example.com.