Responsible for the planning of session curriculum for more than 30 conferences annually. This role will lead in contributing ideas, identifying talent, and managing the logistics for live content verticals across CPA.com’s activities. The MECP will work in close collaboration with our larger content team, marketing and sales, as well as events teams. The Manager, Event Content & Programming understands the dynamics of a compelling agenda and how to coach speakers as well as moderators on how to deliver sessions with meaningful takeaways for the audience by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Develops our speaker and programming strategies to bring a revolving door of talent and topics to the member experience designed for the accounting profession.
2. Collaborates on agenda development for annual conference.
3. Assists with and/or owns speaker recruitment for assigned programs.
4. Develops session curriculum including descriptions and learning objectives.
5. Onboards recruited speakers.
6. Collaborates with others on the event team for smooth program execution.
7. Assumes similar responsibilities for both in-personal and virtual events as those opportunities arise.
8. Plays an integral role in developing the breakout track agenda for our conferences.
9. Receives input from various stakeholders and advisory boards.
10. Oversees speaker’s experience from outreach, deliverables, satisfaction, and overall partnership.
11. Works with our marketing lead to oversee event communications. Gives guidance to frame event topics and to attract attendance and support sales goals.
12. Works collaboratively with our events managers and producers who oversee and support event production.
13. Manages run of show at annual conference and direct AV team on particulars required.
14. Works with Senior Marketing and Communications Director and PR/Social Media Manager on promotional materials and social content.
15. Ensures website, mobile app and other event technology are accurate and working correctly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university; and four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities
Software Powered by iCIMS