Click column header to sort
CPA.com, a leading developer and distributor of innovative technology solutions for CPAs and businesses, is seeking an experienced Lead Public Relations Manager to bolster the organization’s image and reputation among target audiences including customers, prospects, media, influencers, technology partners and other stakeholders. The Lead Public Relations Manager is responsible for developing and implementing the company’s public relations strategy, in collaboration with the Director of Corporate Communications and PR, and for creation of content that supports outbound engagement including press releases, media advisories, articles, blogs, social media and more.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Develop public relations strategy, in consultation with Director of Corporate Communications and PR, to bolster CPA.com’s image and reputation, support its innovative business-to-business offerings, give visibility to its leadership team, and help drive marketing and sales of its products and flagship events.
- Lead proactive PR announcements and launches, capitalizing on the news cycle to advance CPA.com’s messaging and awareness of its products and solutions.
- Conceptualize and draft byline articles and related content for media placements to maximize exposure of CPA.com’s senior leaders, thought leadership and key business objectives.
- Draft and develop press releases, articles, blogs, videos, social posts, infographics and other content that supports outbound engagement.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with relevant trade, business and finance reporters and external influencers.
- Oversee corporate blog strategy and maintain schedule for postings that tie into overall communications and marketing objectives.
- Identify key spokespeople within organization, develop media training module, and ensure key subject matter experts get appropriate media training and coaching.
- Set quantitative and qualitative metrics and results to evaluate the effectiveness of PR strategies and ensure quality standards. Proactively seek, compile, and report on feedback from recipients, both internal and external.
- Advise on and create thought leadership vehicles (narratives about company solutions, surveys, etc.) that fill in gaps in company’s narrative as part of overall effort to position CPA.com for positive PR exposure.
- Develop and repurpose content for channels outside of traditional media, including state society publications, firm association newsletters and other external sources.
- Other duties as needed.
Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree with relevant major; advanced degree preferred.
- 7-10+ years of public relations experience.
- Significant experience developing and implementing media and PR campaigns.
- Experience working with traditional PR channels as well as key social media channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
- Excellent writing skills; demonstrated success in writing content for a variety of business needs including bylines, press releases, blogs, emails for senior management, and digital/social content.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, navigate competing priorities, and effectively adjust work plans to respond to emergent challenges or opportunities.
- Ability to work independently and with limited oversight to accomplish agreed upon objectives and to evaluate results.
- Good grasp of trends within both the accounting profession and general business, and how the news cycle can create PR opportunities.
- Familiarity with media measurement and distribution tools, including Cision.
Interested candidates should include a cover letter, plus two writing samples, when applying.
At CPA.com, we empower CPAs and businesses with innovative technology solutions to help them drive sustainable success for their clients and organizations. We develop the solutions ourselves or in partnership with leading technology providers such as Paychex.com, Bill.com, Lukka, Jirav and Vertex, among many others.
We’ve established ourselves as thought leaders on emerging technologies and as a trusted business advisor to accounting and finance professionals in the United States, with a growing global focus. Our team works every day to transform accounting practice areas, deliver cutting-edge technology solutions and advance the technology ecosystem for the profession.
What’s life like at CPA.com? Our team members would describe it as innovative, fast-paced, and flexible. We’re engaged—we get involved. We’re accountable—we stand behind our work. We’re collaborative—we thrive on teamwork. We’re authentic—we’re true to who we are. And we’re innovative—we’re always looking to what’s next.
We’re also a subsidiary of the American Institute of CPAs, which is part of the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants, the world’s most influential organization representing 650,000 finance and accounting professionals worldwide. Visit cpa.com to learn more.
CPA.com, a leading developer and distributor of technology solutions for the CPA profession, is seeking an experienced marketing manager who is looking to apply their skillset and grow with a dynamic and fast-growing organization. The ideal candidate will balance strategy and execution, while owning a variety of marketing channels. The candidate will have a curiosity for testing new and innovative approaches to generate demand and will take a data-driven approach to planning go-to-market plans across both inbound and outbound channels.
CPA.com empowers CPAs and businesses for the digital age with innovative technology solutions, either in partnership with leading providers or directly through our own development. We’ve established ourselves as a thought leader on emerging technologies and as a trusted business advisor to practitioners in the United States, with a growing global focus. Our company’s core mission is to drive the transformation of practice areas, advance the technology ecosystem for the profession, and lead technology research and innovation efforts for practitioners. A subsidiary of the American Institute of CPAs, we’re also part of the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants, the world’s most influential organization representing the profession. For more information, visit CPA.com.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Drives customer acquisitions and retention strategies through the development of go-to-market plans for a specific CPA.com product portfolio.
- Plans, creates, builds, tests, deploys, and optimizes demand generation programs using content and automation strategies.
- Forecasts, measures, analyzes, and reports on the impact of demand generation activities on sales pipelines, revenues, and sales cycle lengths.
- Reaches, connects, engages, and converts customers by delivering unique, relevant content, via the use of multiple online and offline marketing channels.
- Owns development of compelling content and collaterals (i.e. webinars, case studies, whitepapers, webpages) that supports each phase of the buyer’s journey.
- Incorporates a multi-channel approach: using social media strategies, paid searches, and trade shows to drive demand qualified demand.
- Collaborates actively with product and sales teams on product specific goal setting and execution tactics.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database software, human resource and contact management systems, Salesforce, Pardot, and MS PowerPoint.
Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university; and four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Trained in marketing automation systems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities
- Knowledge of public accounting services and the typical CPA/client relationship.
- Excellent verbal, written, visual/presentation and communication skills.
- Project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Creative, detail-oriented, and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Expertise and proficiency in marketing automation platforms, CRM solutions, email marketing, social media, and SEO/SEM campaigns.
- Strong attention to detail.
Responsible for managing system requirements, design, development, integration, quality assurance, implementation, and maintenance of Salesforce.com ecosystem which today includes Pardot, LeanData and Cloudingo with integrations to SalesLoft and Drift. Partner closely with team to understand the business needs and deliver the most pragmatic solution. Participate in various design discussions, create solution design deliverables and develop technology solutions that drives successful delivery of business capabilities by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design and develop solutions for sales and marketing function across Salesforce.com ecosystem, including Pardot, Einstein, LeanData, Cloudingo and manage existing integrations with SalesLoft & Drift and support new integration needs.
- Create a conceptual approach, technical analysis, fit-gap assessment, design, development, testing, deploy and support activities.
- Understand the entire sales process from onboarding of a typical customer/firm, nurturing, sale conversion to billing and converting that to a workflow within Salesforce.com.
- Partner with business to embed and revise lead routing rules via LeanData and data deduping using Cloudingo.
- Create visibility/solutions for complex data visibility needs using the different data sets from the Salesforce.com ecosystem.
- Maintain large amounts of data ingestion from external sources like conferences, webinars, social media campaigns and corporate website analytics.
- Customize and create custom workflows within Salesforce.com to meet the sales and marketing needs.
- Automate/ensure data originating from channels outside of sales is ingested into Salesforce.com as potential leads. Support API connections.
- Optimize the sales and marketing workflow to ensure a quick/accurate turnaround.
- Display the ability to work on multiple projects and initiatives with different/competing timelines and demands.
- Collaborate with product vendors and systems integrators on delivery of solutions.
- Work with limited direction, usually within a complex environment, to drive delivery of solutions and meet service levels.
- Research changes in upcoming versions of Salesforce.com and other integrated applications.
- Perform routine review of code, configuration, data, and usage to ensure long term viability, integrity, and adoption.
- Make recommendations for enhancements and modifications to improve system usability, performance, efficiency, internal business process, and reporting.
- Maintain documentation on application code, application use and flow, and training materials.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills and strong work ethic.
- Complete Lightning conversion.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word processing software, contact management systems, Salesforce.com platform, Pardot, additional technologies as needed.
High school diploma/GED required but Bachelor’s degree in CS preferred; or 3-5 years related experience and/or training.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities
- Experience with Salesforce.com and other AppExchange products, like Pardot, LeanData and Cloudingo
- Prior experience in building or implementing Salesforce Sales Cloud and Service Cloudsolutions is a must
- Three years or more of experience with Salesforce.com implementations of customer projects
- Salesforce.com Certified Architect & Administrator. Experience with Lightning a plus
- Experience in building complex database queries and procedures, SOQL preferred
- Experience creating reports in Salesforce.com
- Solid understanding of data structures and modeling
- Strong understanding of Apex and Visualforce
- Experience using Salesforce Data tools like Cloudingo and LeanData
- Experience building integrations with Salesforce
- Strong conceptual and analytic skills
- Ability to design and build complex algorithms
- Experience in evaluating business requirements and turning them into technical designs
- Experience with enterprise integration tools and extract, transformation and load (ETL) tools
- Experience with building and supporting Micro Services and the DevOps Model a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Communicate effectively with a broad group of stakeholders
- Experience with Salesforce.com Web Services APIs; Force.com SOAP and REST-based Web Service APIs, the Bulk API, and the Metadata API
- Experience working with Force.com application packaging and deployment
- Good understanding of agile principles
- Proactive thinking with a 'can do' attitude
- Good communication skills with ability to understand vague requirements and convert them to technical solutions using Salesforce.com